The Black Community Services Center (BCSC) is open for reservations!
Please review our updated policies and space descriptions. All reservation requests are reviewed on a first come, first served, basis. We highly recommend everyone check our availability calendars before submitting a reservation request. Doing so will increase the chance the date / time of your reservation is available. Below are a few items to note about our reservation process.
- Reservations are processed as they come in. We review reservations requests every 3-5 business days.
- Submit your reservation request at least 7 days before your event.
- Include set-up and break down times in your reservation. Add an extra 30 minutes to the start and end of your reservation if you are not sure how long your setup will take.
- Equipment fees are per day and vary based on what you need.
- Volunteer Student Organizations (VSOs) can rent our space at a discounted rate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or affirmations for our student and professional staff members who do a great job maintaining our space!
Important Information and Policies
Non-Affiliated Organizations and Community Members
Room reservations are only for departments and organizations affiliated with Stanford. Non-affiliated organizations and community members should check out Stanford Conference Services for information on meeting and event space.
Cancelation Policy for ALL BCSC Spaces
|1 Week Before Your Event
||There is a $100 service fee for cancellations made within one week of your reservations date.
||There is a $50 service fee for cancellations made within one week of the reservation date.
||1 reschedule before we charge our $100 service fee
||1 reschedule before we charge our $50 service fee
Cleaning Policies and Guidelines for all BCSC Spaces
- Please ensure the space is cleaned and organized according to our cleaning policy . Use our reference photos if you need a reminder of the rooms layout and where to store equipment (include link for reference photos).
- Please notify BCSC staff if you arrive for your reservation and the space is not clean or organized according to our guidelines. If a staff member is unavailable, take pictures of the space and email them to email@example.com. This will help us know if groups are respecting our cleaning policy. You are still responsible for cleaning and organizing the space after your event or program ends.
- If your event will have food, your organization or department is required to put in a work order for extra custodial services via this Buildings and Grounds Maintenance link and this PSSI/Stanford Recycling link.
Social / Party Guidelines for all BCSC Spaces
Organizations and departments hosting non-academic events are subject to additional steps and guidelines in order for final approval/confirmation to be given.
- ALL non-academic events held in the space must send a representative to the Black House to sign our social / party policy at least 24-hours before the event. This policy outlines all guidelines and expectations associated with all non-academic events. We are able to set up a virtual meeting if you are not able to visit the BCSC before your event. However, we highly recommend coming to see the space. This will enable you to better plan your event and understand what we can and cannot offer. Click now to review our social / party policy.
- If you are hosting a social or party, you are required to put in a work order for extra custodial services via this Buildings and Grounds Maintenance link and/or this PSSI/Stanford Recycling link whether or not you have food. Again, you have 3 days after we send your reservation confirmation to email us copies of your confirmation forms from Grounds Maintenance and Stanford Recycling.
- Important: Failure to comply with our social / party policy and cleaning standards will result in loss of reservation and could lead to your organization or department being charged a $100 service fee. Non-compliance will also revoke your ability to access or reserve the BCSC community room, lounge and deck for the remainder of the academic year. Click now to review our social / party policy.
Henry and Monique Brandon Family Community Room
||110 people standing
||$300 per day
|Fee with Deck
||$500 per day
|Student Organization Fee
||$150 per day
|Student Organization Fee with Deck
||$250 per day
|Reserve Community Room
||Community Room Reservation Link
Ann Pogue-Campbell & Lloyd E. Campbell Community Deck
||85 without tables | 60-80 with tables
|Service Fee Rates
||$200 per day
|Student Organization Fee
||$100 per day
|Reserve The Deck
||The Deck Reservation Link
||Included in venue fee
||$50 per day
||$25 per day
||4 - Foot
||8 - Foot
Party Planning Resources