Room Reservation Form
To check our availability, see the following calendars:
Please fill out the Room Reservation Form: Please click HERE to submit your reservation.
**Please be patient as we start the reservation process for Autumn quarter. Confirmations will be sent within 5-7 business days of your reservation request.
Please submit requests no less than 7 days before your event!
Email email@example.com with inquiries.
Facilities and Equipment Service Fees
The Black Community Services Center has the following venues and equipment available for use. Please note: service fees/day.
- Community Room and Deck: $500 service fee
- Black House Lounge: $100 service fee
- 130 Chairs and 3 (6ft) Rectangular Tables: $150 service fee
- Podium: included in service fee
- Projection Screen: $25 service fee
- High Definition Projector includes Computer Cables/Adaptor: $50 service fee
- Speaker System: $50 service fee
*Room reservations are ONLY available for Stanford departments and student organizations.
Voluntary Student Organization Service Fees (covers utilities and equipment usage)
- Voluntary Student Organization: $50 non-refundable quarterly service fee
- Dancing Voluntary Student Organization: $100 non-refundable quarterly service fee, inclusive of an additional service fee for maintenance and upkeep of the community room floor
*Effective January 1, 2013, the Black Community Services Center can be reserved by Stanford University Voluntary Student Organizations (VSOs) with room rental fees waived for the school year.
Cleaning Policy & Guidelines (failure to comply will result in $100 service fee)
- Thank you for using and respecting our space. Please ensure that the space is returned in the exact condition indicated in our cleaning policy and pictures. Chairs, tables and all other equipment must be returned to the kitchen area, all technology should be properly stored in the closet and the screen doors which face the parking lot must be properly locked (if you don't know how to properly lock them, do not open them).
- Failure to comply with the cleaning guidelines and pictures will result in your organization or department being charged a $100 service fee for the cleaning and maintenance of the community room, deck and/or lounge on top of the service fees for use of the facilities and equipment noted above. Please email us pictures (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find the community room in an unsatisfactory manner. Failure to do so could result in your organization or department getting charged the $100 service fee.
- Effective, September 1, 2019, if your event will have food, your organization or department is required to put in a work order for extra custodial services via Event and Labor Services and PSSI/Stanford Recycling. Within 3 days of the receipt of your confirmation email from email@example.com, you are required to email us the confirmation form of your cleaning service request. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your reservation.
Social/Party Policy (failure to comply will result in loss of reservation)
- ALL non-academic events held in the space must send a representative to the Black House to sign the social/party policy, which outlines all guidelines and expectations associated with all non-academic events. Additionally, organizations and departments hosting non-academic events might be subject to additional steps and guidelines in order for final approval/confirmation to be given.
- ALL departments and organizations must sign the social/party policy (as mentioned above) at least 24 hours prior to your event’s set-up time.
- If you are hosting a social or party, you are required to put in a work order for extra custodial services via Event and Labor Services and/or PSSI/Stanford Recycling whether or not you have food.
- Failure to comply with this policy will result in loss of reservation and could lead to your organization or department being charged a $100 service fee AND not having the ability to access or reserve the BCSC community room, deck and lounge for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year.
Cancellation Policy (failure to comply will result in $100 or $50 service fee)
- Departments: there is a $100 service fee for cancellations made within one week of the reservation date.
- Voluntary Student Organizations (VSOs): there is a $50 service fee for cancellations made within one week of the reservation date.
Event Planning Resources
Henry and Monique Brandon Family Community Room
The Black House Lounge